Windang Beach Tourist Park is near a small town centre and is just a short distance from several larger retail centres.
Some of our neighbourhood’s features that may be handy during your stay are listed below.
If you’re looking for anything else, please ask our friendly reception staff for advice.
Food and shops
- There is a small selection of restaurants and takeaways on Windang Road, about a 5-10 minute walk, or 2 minute drive from the Park.
- Club Windang is a 4-minute drive, or 18-minute walk from the Park, on the western side of Windang Road.
- Lake Illawarra Hotel is approx. 10 minutes’ walk north of the park, on Windang Road.
- Warilla Grove Shopping Centre is approx. 4 minutes’ drive or 25 minutes’ walk south of the Park. It includes Aldi and Woolworths, plus fresh food and specialty stores.
- Warrawong Plaza is approx. 10 minutes’ drive to the north, and includes Aldi, Coles, Big W, Target, fresh food, and a wide range of specialty stores.
- Stockland Shellharbour is a large shopping centre with major supermarkets, Myer, fresh food, and a wide range of retail and service stores. Stockland Shellharbour is around 14 minutes’ drive south of the Park.
- Windang Beach, next to the Park, is patrolled by Council lifeguards and volunteer lifesavers from late September to Anzac Day (25 April). Read Council’s beach safety page before you head to the beach.
- Warilla North Beach (approx. 4 minutes’ drive south of the Park) and Warilla Beach (approx. 5 minutes’ drive south of the Park) are patrolled during the summer months. Check Shellharbour City Council’s website for details.
- Warilla Public Pool is on Benaud Cresent, approx. 6 minutes’ drive south of the Park.
- Lakeside Leisure Centre at Kanahooka is about 17 minutes’ drive away, and includes a well-appointed gym and exercise classes. Casual visitors are welcome, and great pay-as-you-go rates are available.
- Shellharbour outdoor fitness equipment
- Bus stops on Windang Road connect to Shellharbour or Wollongong city centres. They’re approx. 6 minutes’ walk from the Park. Visit the Transport for NSW website for bus information and timetables.
- Our Park playground is right near the reception office and Park entry.
- There’s also a playground in Pine Trees Park, on the lake foreshore next to the Park.
Health and Medical
- Windang Family Medical Centre and Windang Beach Family Medical Centre are general practitioner services on Acacia Street, approx. 6 minutes’ walk from the Park.
- There are also multiple medical centres in Warilla, Shellharbour and Warrawong. Search for ‘medial centres near me’ to find providers.
- Shellharbour Hospital on Madigan Boulevarde is approx. 10 minutes’ drive south of the Park and includes an emergency department.