Corrimal Beach Tourist Park is set in a residential area just a short drive north of the Wollongong city centre.
Some of our neighbourhood’s features that may be handy during your stay are listed below.
If you’re looking for anything else, please ask our friendly reception staff for advice.
Food and shops
- Our on-site cafe The Pantry serves great meals and coffee. You’ll find The Pantry right next to the Park entrance.
- East Corrimal shops on Murray Road include an IGA supermarket, butcher, cafes, takeaway and hairdresser. These shops are just a few minutes’ walk away using the pedestrian gate in the north west corner of the Park.
- Walk west from our main entrance along Lake Parade, and on the corner at Pioneer Road you’ll find Fishnets Takeaway, a popular local spot for fish and chips.
- Towradgi Bowls and Recreation Club is a 10-minute stroll south along the bike track.
- Corrimal town centre is about 5 minutes’ drive from the Park, and has a wide range of shops, cafes and restaurants, including Aldi, Coles and Woolworth.
- Our in-Park playground is a hit with kids. You’ll find it at the centre of the Park.
- Towradgi Beach Playground is an award-winning regional playground just a short walk south of the Park along the bike track.
- Happy Valley Reserve, at the end of Dobbie Avenue, has a recently refurbished playground. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk north along the bike track.
- Corrimal Beach is patrolled by Council lifeguards and volunteer lifesavers from late September to Anzac Day (25 April). Read Council’s beach safety page before you head to the beach.
- Towradgi Rock Pool is a 5-10 minute walk south of the Park along the bike track. This ocean pool is best at low tide.
- Corrimal Heated Pool is a 7-minute drive away on Short Street, near the main shopping centre.
- Free outdoor exercise equipment is available next to the Corrimal Surf Club Building, just south of the Park entrance.
- Beaton Park Leisure Centre is about 10 minutes’ drive away, and includes a well-appointed gym, exercise classes, 25m indoor heated pool, spa and sauna. Casual visitors are welcome, and great pay-as-you-go rates are available.
- Bus stops connecting you to the Wollongong city centre can be found on Lake Parade and Carrol Road, within 2 minutes’ walk of the Park.
- Corrimal and Towradgi train stations are each approx. 22 minutes’ walk away for travel to Wollongong or Sydney.
Visit the Transport for NSW website for bus and train information and timetables.
Health and Medical
- East Corrimal Medical Centre is on Murray Road, just a few minutes’ walk from the Park. It offers general practitioner services. Visit the East Corrimal Medical Centre website for more information.
- Corrimal town centre has several medical centres, including some which offer bulk billing. Search for “medical centre Corrimal” to find a provider.
- Wollongong Hospital is approximately 12 minutes’ drive from the Park and includes a 24 hour emergency department.
Corrimal library is about 7 minutes’ drive away from the Park. Visit the library to access free wi-fi, use public computers, or print, scan and photocopy documents.
If you’re staying with us for a little longer, you can also sign up for a temporary library membership to borrow items and access a great range of online resources.
See the Wollongong City Libraries website for more information.