Bulli Beach Tourist Park is set in a residential area, with plenty of parks and open spaces nearby.
Some of our neighbourhood’s features that may be handy during your stay are listed below.
If you’re looking for anything else, please ask our friendly reception staff for advice.
Food and shops
- Our on-site Ruby’s Café is the perfect spot to grab a coffee or a meal. It also sells basic convenience supplies. Ruby’s is in the north-east corner of the Park.
- A short walk north of the park you’ll find Bulli Beach Café, on the headland next to Bulli Surf Club (off Trinity Row).
- Bulli town centre is a 4-minute drive from the Park, and includes Woolworths, Bulli Heritage Hotel, cafes, fresh food and specialty shops.
- Woonona town centre on the Princes Highway is a 5-minute drive from the Park, and includes several restaurants, cafes, IGA Supermarket, fresh food stores and specialty shops.
- The Park overlooks Bulli Beach, which is patrolled by lifeguards from late September to Anzac Day (25 April). Read Council’s beach safety page before you head to the beach.
- Bulli Rock Pool is a 3-minute walk north of the Park, on the headland near the Surf Life Saving Club. This ocean pool is best at low tide.
- Woonona Ocean Pool is about a 20-minute walk south along the bike track. This pool is not usually affected by tides, so it’s a good option at high tide.
- Free outdoor exercise equipment is available at Nicholson Park, Woonona, about 10 minutes’ walk south of the Tourist Park.
- Beaton Park Leisure Centre is a 15-minute drive away, and includes a well-appointed gym, exercise classes, 25m indoor heated pool, spa and sauna. Casual visitors are welcome, and great pay-as-you-go rates are available.
- There is a bus stop about 2 minutes’ walk away on Farrell Road which connects you to the Wollongong City Centre. Bus stops are also available on the Princes Highway, about 20-minutes’ walk from the Park along Farrell Road.
- Bulli train station, on Railway Avenue, is approx. 21 minutes’ walk away for travel to Wollongong or Sydney.
Visit the Transport for NSW website for bus and train information and timetables.
Health and Medical
- Bulli Medical Practice is on Park Road, near the Princes Highway. The practice offers general practitioner and travel medicine services. Bookings are essential.
- There are several medical practitioners in Woonona, approximately 5 minutes’ drive from the Park. Search ‘medical centre Woonona’ to find providers.
- Bulli Hospital and Aged Care Centre is approximately 4 minutes’ drive from the Park on Hospital Road. It has an urgent primary care centre staffed daily by medical officers and registered nurses. Please note, Bulli Hospital does not have an emergency department. For hours and information, see the local health district website
- Wollongong Hospital is approximately 15 minutes’ drive from the Park and includes a 24 hour emergency department.
Thirroul library is about 7 minutes’ drive away from the Park. Visit the library to access free wi-fi, use public computers, or print, scan and photocopy documents.
If you’re staying with us for a little longer, you can also sign up for a temporary library membership to borrow items and access a great range of online resources.
See the Wollongong City Libraries website for more information.