All of our parks are situated on the Grand Pacific Drive, which encompasses some of the most spectacular coastline in New South Wales. It makes getting here as wonderful as being here.
The Destination Wollongong and Shellharbour Tourism websites are a great source of information for planning your visit. They provide information on local attractions, entertainment, activities, dining, shopping and festivals and events.
We suggest you consider the following unique attractions when planning your stay.
- Take to the skies and go on a tandem hang glide or para glide at Bald Hill, where
early flight pioneer Lawrence Hargrave first took flight.
- Feel the rush and Skydive the Beach with NSW’s only beach skydive.
- Test your skills at one of Wollongong’s professional golf courses: Russell Vale Golf Course, Wollongong Golf Course, Port Kembla Golf Course - or just hit a
bucket of balls at the Illawarra Golf Range.
- Climb to new heights at Hangdog Climbing Gym, with over a 140 different climbs on 40 ropes.
- Bounce and tumble at Hangtime Trampoline Park or at Flip Out with loads of jumping space, dodgeball courts, foam pits, a slam dunks and performance walls.
- Take to the seas on a fishing charter and feast on the catch of the day.
Arts & Culture
- Discover the majesty of the rainforest tree tops, walking or ziplining 25 metres above the ground at Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures.
- Cruise the Grand Pacific Drive, which encompasses some of the most spectacular scenic coastline in NSW. From the Royal National Park (the world’s second oldest) to Wollongong and beyond, the route takes you through coastal villages and over the ocean at Sea Cliff Bridge.
- Relax, picnic or take a stroll through the Wollongong Botanic Garden.
- Paddle the full length of the Minnamurra River on a canoe or kayak.
- Submerge into the marine habitats of Wollongong, Port Kembla, Shellharbour and
Bass Point and scuba dive, snorkel or spearfish.